Ingredients for Gravy:
1 Tulua butter masala 40g butter
1.5tsp kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
Ingredients for Stuffed Capsicums:
5 small green capsicums or peppers (3 large)
3 medium potatoes
5tbsp vegetable oil
1 red onion finely diced
1 green chilli finely sliced
1tsp cumin seed
1tsp whole coriander seeds crushed
¼tsp asafoetida powder
1 tsp coriander powder
½ tsp garam masala
½ tsp amchur powder
½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2tbsp chopped coriander
- In a pot add potatoes and cover with cold water plus 1 tablespoon salt.
Bring to a simmer and cook until a knife slides through easily.
Remove from pot and set aside to cool. Once cool, peel and mash roughly.
- Cut the top off the capsicums and discard, wash out seeds. Trim bottom of capsicums so they are flat to allow them to stand up.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add cumin and coriander seeds and toast, add asafoetida followed by onions and sweat on a low-medium heat until soft.
Add green chilli, coriander powder, garam masala, amchur powder and kashiri chilli and turn off.
Add to mashed potatoes with chopped coriander, mix well and add salt to taste.
- Stuff potato into capsicums, press firmly to make sure filling does not fall out.
In a frying pan heat 3 tablespoons of oil, pan fry capsicums on low heat until coloured all round, make sure to also colour the side with potato stuffing.
- In a kadai or small pot heat butter, add kasuri methi and toast for 20 seconds. Add butter masala, ⅓ cup water and 40 ml of cream, bring to a gentle simmer and add capsicums and cover with lid, cook for 5-10 minutes turning every 2 minutes until capsicums are soft.
- To serve, place capsicums on plate, pour sauce around them and garnish with remaining cream.