- 3/4th cup rice
- 1/2 cup dal
- Ghee Roast paste
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup french beans
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large onion
- Handful peanuts and cashew
- Dry red chillies
- Curry leaves
1. Cook 3/4th cup rice
2. Pressure cook ½ cup door dal with a pinch of turmeric powder & salt till very soft (6 whistles)
3. Cut & Boil veggies: 1 carrots, ½ cup french beans, 2 potatoes potatoes, 1 large onion. (These can be boiled in the same pot. Boil they they are all soft)
4. Roast a few peanuts & cashews nuts in Ghee
^Prep all this & set aside
1. In a heavy bottom pan, add the boiled dal, 1/2 packet ghee roast paste and bring it to a simmer.
2. Add rice, boiled veggies & nuts.
3. Add the rest of ghee roast paste and mix till everything is combines.
4. Add 1 cup water and simmer for 10-15mins. Add more water if required.
5. Garnish with a tadka of ghee, red chillies, cashew nuts, hing & curry leaves.
6. Serve hot.