1 Tulua Vindaloo Paste
350g Baby eggplants
150g Potatoes - peeled & cut into large pieces
2 Sprigs Curry leaves
2 Green chillies slit in half
½ Cup vegetable oil for frying
- Partially quarter baby eggplants, leaving the tops whole, so that eggplant stays in one piece. Gently sprinkle salt into the slits and let the eggplants rest for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan, add potatoes and fry on all sides until golden, remove from pan and set aside. Next add eggplant to hot oil and fry on medium heat until also light golden brown but not cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a new pot add 1 packet vindaloo paste, 1 cup water, curry leaves, green chillies, potatoes and eggplants and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Continue cooking on a low heat, until potatoes are cooked through. Keep adding water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve with rice or rotis.