Ingredients for Curry:
- 1 Tulua butter masala
- 40g butter
- 1.5tsp kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
Ingredients for Tikka:
- Bamboo skewers
- 300g Paneer cut into 4cm cubes
- 1 small red capsicum cut 4cm cubes
- 1 small green capsicum cut 4cm cubes
- 1 Onions cut 4cm cubes
Ingredients for marinade:
- 150g Thick greek yoghurt - Or hang 250g overnight in the fridge in a muslin cloth lined sieve
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 2tsp coriander powder
- 1tsp chaat masala
- 1tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- 3/4tsp garam masala x
- 1/2tsp adjwain seed
- 2tsp gram flour
- 30ml Mustard or veg oil
- Mix yoghurt, ginger/garlic paste, coriander powder, chaat masala, kashmiri chilli, garam masala, salt in a bowl.
- Heat mustard/veg oil in small pan, toast ajwain seed and gram flour on low temp. Mix with marinade.
- Mix capsicums, onions and paneer into marinade, skewer and marinade at room temperature for 30 minutes.- You can either cook paneer tikka in a hot pan or oven. If using an oven preheat oven to 220C.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and lay skewers out evenly spaced. Bake at 220C for 10 minutes until slightly charred.
- If using a pan. Heat 3tbsp veg oil in pan until hot, cook skewers evenly on all sides.
- In a small pan or kadai melt butter. Add kasuri methi (dry fenugreek) and toast.
- Add butter masala, ½ a cup water and bring to simmer. Add skewers, check seasoning and add more water if needed.
- Serve with rice, roti or naan.